During the meeting the main KAS were presented and approved by the Board Members, as well as the objectives and upcoming activities for 2017. For the initial term, the ASC activities will be mainly focused on the following key areas of studies that are of mutual interest for Uruguay and Australia: Agriculture, Biotechnology, Sustainable Development, Tax, Fintech, Natural Resources, Audit, Financial Literacy, Research Methods and Data Analysis.
In the upcoming months the ASC will be working with our Australian counterparts and receiving visiting Professors, working on research papers, workshops and conferences for students, faculty and government, and identifying opportunities for future studies and funding.
The ASC is proud to announce the visit of Professor Colin Barrow, Chair of Biotechnology from Deakin University, on the 23rd May, in an intense week working together with Dr. Lorena Betancor and her team at ORT. This event will be followed by the visit of Associate Professor Thiomir Ancev from the School of Economics, Agriculture and Resources Economics at The University of Sydney, on the Week starting 12th June, working with Dr Francisco Rosas from the School of Management and Social Sciences at ORT.
ASC activities so far:
- ASC inaugural ceremony
- Dr. Alexis Esposto (Swinburne University) conference
- Dr. Gambetta visit and meeting at UTS Tower Building
- Dr. Gambetta visit and meeting at Deakin Burwood
- Board member Estela Valverde visits Macquarie students studying Spanish at ORT
- Board Member, Australian Ambassador to Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay Noel Campbell visits Macquarie students studying Spanish at ORT
- New appointed Manager for the ASC, Lic. Magdalena Narbondo (MBA Tourism, Victoria University, Australia)
All members agreed that the ASC should focus on achieving the KAS objectives, and gain visibility by strengthening the academic and cultural links between Australia and the region.
Onsite at ORT: David Casey - Alfredo Taullard - Julio Fernández - Gaston Labadie - Nicolás Gambetta
Remotely: Ricardo Varela - Noel Campbell - Brenda Cherednichenko - Estela Valderde